Logo
Top Stories
Media Ratings
Latest
World
Sports
All Golf Football Boxing Basketball NFL MMA Tennis Formula 1 MLB
North America
USA Canada Mexico
Europe
United Kingdom Austria Belgium France Italy Germany Portugal Russia Greece Sweden Spain Switzerland Turkey Ireland
Asia Pacific
China South Korea Australia Singapore India Malaysia Japan Vietnam
Latin America
Brazil Colombia Costa Rica Cuba Chile Ecuador Uruguay Venezuela
Africa
Egypt Ethiopia Ghana Kenya Morocco South Africa
Middle East
Israel Lebanon Syria Iraq Iran United Arab Emirates Qatar
Crypto
Entertainment
Politics
Tech

About us, Contact us, Contribute, Privacy Policy, Review Guidelines, Legal Notice

No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
  • Top Stories
  • Latest
  • USA
  • United Kingdom
  • Europe
  • Africa
  • Asia Pacific
  • Latin America
  • Middle East
  • Sports

Home » Nigel Farage’s 24-hour Chagos aid mission ‘blocked’ by authorities with ‘search parties’ sent out for Reform UK leader

Nigel Farage’s 24-hour Chagos aid mission ‘blocked’ by authorities with ‘search parties’ sent out for Reform UK leader

GB News by GB News
25 minutes ago
0 0

Nigel Farage has accused the British Government of blocking his bid to send aid to Chagos Islanders.The Reform UK leader flew to the Maldives with supplies to help four Chagossians who are attempting to establish a permanent base on a deserted island in the archipelago.Mr Farage had worked to send a boat carrying vital food and medicines to the island where the men are trying to establish a colony, about 300 miles south of the Maldives.The boat will not have the Reform UK leader on board, the Telegraph reports, because threats, mechanical issues and an insistence by UK authorities that only trained crew should be on board put him off making the 24-hour voyage.
TRENDING

Stories
Videos
Your Say

He will instead make his way back to the UK and the boat will set sail without him.Mr Farage said he received a call from a senior source inside the Maldives government warning him British authorities wanted to stop him from setting foot on the island, Île du Coin.“The British Government has made every effort to prevent me heading towards the Chagos Islands”, he told The Telegraph. “They have asked the Maldives government to stop me from leaving here and setting foot on the boat. This was information conveyed to me by a senior figure in the Maldives government.“I cannot believe such an attempt has been made to stop a British citizen from reaching British territory. My source told me the British were ‘very concerned’ about me and wanted to know why I was here.“This trip is a humanitarian mission and I don’t want my presence to jeopardise that.”The establishment of the Diego Garcia military base saw about 2,000 people forcibly removed from the archipelago in the late 1960s and early 1970s.Britain currently owns the islands but signed a treaty last year to cede ownership to Mauritius.LATEST DEVELOPMENTSDonald Trump ups global tariffs to 15% after lashing out at ‘anti-American’ Supreme Court rulingChagossian sends powerful message to ‘anti-British’ Keir Starmer on GB News: ‘He betrayed us!’Chagossian leader calls on Keir Starmer to ‘resign’ over Chagos ‘failure’ – ‘He has to go!’The deal will cost the UK £35billion over a century, in addition to lease payments for the military base and development funding for Mauritius, which is facing a budget crisis.The British Government has accepted US opposition to the deal could see an end to the plans, and President Trump has repeatedly cast doubt.The latest instance was this week, where Mr Trump said the land “should not be taken away from the UK”.He warned if it did it would be a “blight on our Great Ally” in a Truth Social post.His comments followed Washington giving its official backing on Tuesday to hand sovereignty of the British Indian Ocean Territory to Mauritius.Under the deal, which was announced last May, the UK will lease back Diego Garcia for a period of 99 years at an average cost of £101million a year.Britain has tried to persuade Mr Trump to back the deal and his changes in position have often left the Government in limbo.Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer has previously insisted the deal is necessary to protect the continued operation of the base.Diego Garcia is the archipelago’s largest island and is used as a joint military base by the UK and US armed forces.GB News has approached the Foreign Office for comment.

Our Standards:
The GB News Editorial Charter

Read Full Article

Tags: Trump
Login
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Related Posts

Panicked Dems fear zombie campaigns will see California elect a Republican governor

Panicked Dems fear zombie campaigns will see California elect a Republican governor
by New York Post
29 minutes ago

...

Read moreDetails

Keir Starmer’s Chagos surrender set to be killed off ‘once and for all’

Keir Starmer’s Chagos surrender set to be killed off ‘once and for all’
by The Express
39 minutes ago

...

Read moreDetails

Trump raises global tariff to 15%

by Fox News
41 minutes ago

...

Read moreDetails

Shun and shame: how to treat Epstein associates

by The West Australian
2 hours ago

...

Read moreDetails

‘Shocking behaviour!’ Sarah Pochin chastises Labour for Chagos ’embarrassment’ before ‘blocking’ Nigel Farage aid mission

by GB News
3 hours ago

...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Trending Topics

Africa Artificial Intelligence Asia Australia Biden Canada China Donald Trump England Europe Force France Gaza Germany Hamas IDF India Iran Israel Joe Biden Kamala Harris Lions London Manchester Moscow NATO Netanyahu New York Nvidia OpenAI Palestine Paris Premier League Presidential Campaign Protests Putin Republican Party Russia Sport Trump Ukraine Ukraine War US Election World Zelensky

Popular Stories

  • Renowned scientist who studied distant planets fatally shot at his home near LA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Iran says 3,117 died in protests in first official toll. Activists fear its much higher

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tariff revenue soars more than 300% as U.S. awaits Supreme Court decision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Skier dies in avalanche during guided trip near Revelstoke, B.C.

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • The Coalition reunites after 17-day split

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Top Stories
  • About us
  • Africa
  • Latest
  • Asia Pacific
  • Business
  • Comment Policy
  • Contact us
  • Contribute
  • Entertainment
  • Europe
  • Media Ratings
  • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Privacy Policy
  • Review Guidelines
  • United Kingdom
  • User Agreement
  • Video
  • World

MACH MEDIA

Welcome Back!

Sign In with Google
Sign In with Linked In
OR

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Sign Up with Google
Sign Up with Linked In
OR

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
Back
Home
Explore
Ratings
  • Login
  • Sign Up
  • Top Stories
  • Media Ratings
  • Latest
  • World
  • Sports
    • All
    • Golf
    • Football
    • Boxing
    • Basketball
    • NFL
    • MMA
    • Tennis
    • Formula 1
    • MLB
  • North America
    • USA
    • Canada
    • Mexico
  • Europe
    • United Kingdom
    • Austria
    • Belgium
    • France
    • Italy
    • Germany
    • Portugal
    • Russia
    • Greece
    • Sweden
    • Spain
    • Switzerland
    • Turkey
    • Ireland
  • Asia Pacific
    • China
    • South Korea
    • Australia
    • Singapore
    • India
    • Malaysia
    • Japan
    • Vietnam
  • Latin America
    • Brazil
    • Colombia
    • Costa Rica
    • Cuba
    • Chile
    • Ecuador
    • Uruguay
    • Venezuela
  • Africa
    • Egypt
    • Ethiopia
    • Ghana
    • Kenya
    • Morocco
    • South Africa
  • Middle East
    • Israel
    • Lebanon
    • Syria
    • Iraq
    • Iran
    • United Arab Emirates
    • Qatar
  • Crypto
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Tech

MACH MEDIA